Although businesses have been getting rid of Windows XP over the last several years, the fact remains that as of last December, around 500 million users were still running Windows XP. Here are 7 of the top reasons it’s time to finally give up Windows XP now.
- Tons Of Viruses. There is a huge library of viruses aimed at Windows XP and limited antivirus support still available.
- XP Is OLD (almost 12 years old!). The first iPod was released the same year as Windows XP. In a world where the 5th iPhone has been released, no one should be left using an O/S that pre-dates the 1st iPod!
- Least Secure Operating System (By Far!). ALL other platforms, including Linux, all versions of Mac OS X, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are more secure than XP by a huge margin. Windows Vista is actually a far safer option (scary!).
- Built For A Simpler Time. XP was created for a simpler world of technology. It was formatted to fit to a screen only 640 pixels wide, and it showcased IE6 as a new product. The Internet was a different place when XP was developed. Smartphones were non-existent, laptops were a luxury and tablet computers were science fiction.
- No More Band-Aids. Only so many Band-Aid fixes on top of each other can be effective.
- Support Is Ending. Mainstream support of XP ended 4 years ago and all critical security updates will end April 2014.
- Malware Everywhere. You can continue to use XP, but with more malware than ever, XP is by far the most vulnerable platform to connect to the internet.